Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Michelangelo, "David"

http://cdn.accademia.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/david-full-front.jpg
I became very interested of the statue of "David" that was created by the artist Michelangelo. The statue was created between 1501 and 1504 and is now displayed in Galleria dell' Accademia, Florence. I was fortunate to have been able to see the statue of David in person and the first thing I noticed was how big he was. The statue was 17 feet tall and  I could not believe how much detail was put into this masterpiece. The detail of the statues` body was amazing,specifically the fine details of his hands. It was clear to see how much effort and thought the artist put into David's hands that he even sculpted veins to make him look more realistic. I would have to say that this sculpture has to be one of my favorite pieces of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment